Announcements and Important Events
GEORGE MASON HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME INDUCTIONS
The George Mason High School Athletic Hall of Fame will hold induction ceremonies over the weekend of October 18-19. Inductees and honorees will be recognized at the Friday night, October 18th home football game against Warren County High School. Inductions will then be held on Saturday, October 19th in the Mustang Gym at the Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School. A reception will begin that evening at 5:30 pm, and the induction ceremonies will commence at 7:00 pm.
Inductees and honorees include:
- Kenneth “Powers” Shutts (Class of 1957) (track and football)
- Todd McNab (Class of 1964) (football and baseball)
- Colleen Winzeler (Class of 2000) (cross-country and track)
- Alex Fatovic (Class of 2004) (soccer)
- Alison Penland (Class of 2004) (soccer and cross-country)
- Matt Williams (Class of 2004) (football, basketball, and lacrosse)
- Maggie O’Toole (Class of 2006) (basketball and cheer)
- The 1986 boys’ tennis team
- The 1962 baseball team – Special Achievement Award for notable accomplishments in an era prior to post-regular season play.
Travis Greene (Class of 2006) (football, basketball, and track) is unable to attend and will defer induction until later.
Food and beverages will be served at the Saturday night reception. The cost of admission is $15 per person.
Individuals interested in attending may either contact Joel Hamme at email@example.com to obtain tickets in advance or make reservations on-line by going to the George Mason High School Athletics website at http://www.masonathletics.org/ and clicking on “SHOP” on the top banner.
Admissions will be accepted as well at the door without prior reservations.